Global newsNewsNEWS

First coronavirus death reported in Hong Kong

0

A man has died in Hong Kong from the novel coronavirus, the city’s first fatality from the deadly virus and the second outside mainland China. A 39-year-old man who was being treated for the virus died on Tuesday morning (Feb 4) as confirmed by the Medical authorities.

The man was a resident of Hong Kong who had traveled last month to Wuhan, the Chinese city at the center of the outbreak, returning home on Jan 23 via a high-speed rail link.

The man had underlying health issues that had complicated his treatment said, citing medical sources. He died of sudden heart failure, the reports confirmed.

He was the 13th confirmed case of coronavirus in Hong Kong and was diagnosed on Jan 31, news website HK01 said and Hong Kong’s Hospital Authority said further details about the death will be released later Tuesday.

Currently, 15 people have tested positive for the virus in Hong Kong, many of the people who arrived in the semi-autonomous city from the mainland.

Centre to release GST dues to all states in 2 installments

Previous article

Bezos asks US judge to dismiss lawsuit by girlfriend’s brother

Next article

You may also like

Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Global news