Holi is one of the major festivals of Hindus. It is celebrated in South Asian countries, especially in India and Nepal. Holi is the festival of colors. The festival is celebrated for two days. The first day is Choti Holi (also known as holika dahan) where many people burn sticks and celebrate the victory of good over evil. The second day is Badi Holi (The Festival of Colors). On this day people put colors on others and celebrate love and affection for each other. In this article you will read all about holi and the ways to wish your loved ones.
In this article
|1. About Choti Holi / Holika Dahan|
|2. About Holi : The Festival of Colors|
|3. Wishes For Holi 2020|
|4. Holi Wishes in Hindi|
|5. Holi Quotes in Hindi|
|6. Image wishes for Holi|
1. About Choti Holi / Holika Dahan
Hiranyakashyap had a son, Prahlad. Prahlad was the greatest devotee of Lord Vishnu. Hiranyakashyap wanted to kill his son, so he called his sister, Holika who had a magic robe. The robe had the power to save the wearer from burning in fire. Hiranyakashyap ordered his sister to sit on a burning fire along with Prahlad. He thought that his sister would not be harmed by the fire because of the magic robe and Prahlad would be burnt to death. But the result was the opposite to what the evil demon king planned. Prahlad sat in Holika’s lap and started chanting the name of Lord Vishnu. The fire was lit but with the grace of God Prahlad came out of it unharmed and Holika lost her life and burnt to ashes as she did not know that the robe worked only when she entered the fire alone.
Holika Dahan is famous among the people of Hindu community in India for its great and interesting rituals. The rituals are followed across the country with great zeal and enthusiasm. It is considered as an important Holi pooja which takes place at an auspicious time on the eve of Holi. In some communities like Marwari community, women offer Holi pooja in the afternoon before setting fire to Holika. This is called as ‘Thandi Holi’. This pooja is considered very auspicious for married women as it ensures the well-being of their husbands. The rituals may be different but the significance of the festival is same everywhere.
2. About Holi : The Festival of Colors
The second most popular reason for celebrating holi is Krishna and Radha’s love story. As originally Krishna was born blue and had an inferiority complex when it came to Radha, Krishna would not talk to her. Krishna feared that Radha might not talk to him due to the colour difference between both of them. It was then that Krishna’s mother advised him to put colour on Radha and then they wouldn’t look different at all. The addition of water during holi only came in later. In India there are various types of holis celebrated such as lathmar holi, hola mohalla, krishna holi, and khadi holi. All them are celebrated with colours, water and even eggs!
3. Wishes For Holi 2020
WhatsAap Messages For Holi
1. Holi is the time to develop that understanding and love with each other!
2. This Holi let the color of love and friendship spread through your life!
3. Have fun and love this Holi and let the flower of happiness bloom into your life!
4. Curved in the hues of love and faith the festival of Holi had arrived at our door step.
5. Happy Holi!
6. The sweetness of Gujias, water balloons,
melodious songs and the bright colours are the real ingredients
of the celebration of Holi. Wish you a very happy and wonderful Holi.
7. May God gift you all the colours of life,
colours of joy, colours of happiness, colours
of friendship, colours of love and all other
colours you want to paint your life in!! Happy Holi.
8. If wishes come in rainbow colours then
I would send the brightest one to say Happy Holi.
9. A true and caring relation doesn’t have to speak loud,
a warm SMS is just enough to express the heartiest feelings.
Enjoy the festival of Holi with lot of fun.
10. You have made my life so beautiful by being in it. Happy Holi!!
11. You’ve brought to my life. Happy Holi
12. May the Vivid Colours of the Holi
Decorate your life and family
With colours of happiness and Fun Happy Holi!
13. Splash different colours and enjoy the Holi festival.
14. Let’s celebrate and enjoy!
15. May you have a memorable and
terrific Holi celebration that
you can treasure for a lifetime!!
16. I’m hoping that your life will
be filled with different colours
of joy and fun.
17. Have a joyous and
wonderful Holi festival!
18. Fun begins whenever there
is Holi and the hearts are
filled with love and desire
whenever there is Holi.
Have a blessed Holi!
19. Strengthen the ties in the family
Develop friendship with your neighbours
Express your heartiest feelings
Take the opportunity to achieve all these
Have a meaningful and fulfilling Holi festival!
20. Water balloons
Those are the elements of a perfect Holi festival.
21. We hope that you and your family have the best Holi celebration ever!
As you splash colours to your dears and nears
May their life filled with vivid colours of
Happiness, love and Prosperity
Have a Great Holi
22. Lift a bucket
Fill the balloons
Just aim it right
And throw it with vroom!
Have a colourful Holi
23. A touch of green I send to you.
A drop of blue to cool the hue
A tinge of red for warmth
And zest for a colourful HOLI!
24. This Holi Make A Wish,
Take A Chance To Do Something Good
Because Holi Is All About Good Things
And Good Things Are Supposed To Be Start On An Auspicious Day
25. Holi: The way of putting colours
in life and in relationships!!
Celebrate with love!! Happy Holi!!
26. Let the demon of enmity
get out of your life and fill
it with colors of love!! Happy Holi!!
27. Colours are powerful they
can have that lasting impact
in life; just make an optimum
use of colours in life!!
They matter!! Happy Holi
28. The power of colours is powerful!!
They make everything happen in your
life!! Don’t forget to add some colours in life.
29. Tum bhi Jhoome masti main,
Hum bhi jhoome masti main,
Shor hua saari basti main..
Jhoome sab holi ki Masti main..
Mast Mast ye Masti rahe sada aapki Kashti main,
Beet Gayi HOLI fir bhi…
Mubarak ho HOLI bheegi bheegi masti mein…!!
30. Holi filled with sweet moments
31. Memories to cherish for long!!
Happy Holi Messages
1. Pyar ke rang se bharo pichkari,
sneh ke rang do duniya sari,
ye rang na jane koi jaat na koi boli,
aapko mubarak ho aapno ki holi.
2. Wishing you and your family a very bright,colourful and joyful holi.
With love and best wishes
3. Holi is the time to develop understanding and love for each other.
Here, is a platform for you all to renew your friendship and to express
heartiest love by scribbling a beautiful Holi message for loved ones.
4. May you have the most blessed holi festival than you ever had.
May it be full of fun,joy and love.
May you be as colorful as the festival itself or even more.
Lets all have lots of fun.
5. Hi Friends,
Wishing you & your family A very special Regards……….
HAPPY HOLI !!!!!!
6. Happy Holi to you and your family. We wish your health, prosperity and business achievements at this prismic colour eve. May Allah bless you with all his mercies!
7. ‘Bright colors, water balloons, lavish gujiyas and melodious songs’ are the ingredients of perfect Holi. Wish you a very happy and wonderful Holi.
8. Holi Greetings to all my friends and hindi lovers and learners. Wish you a Happy Holi may your Life fills with colours.
9. Holi is the time to develop understanding and love for each other. Here, is a platform for you all to renew your friendship and to express heartiest love by scribbling a beautiful Holi message for loved ones.
10. A true and caring relation doesn’t have to speak loud, a soft sms is just enough to express the heartiest feelings. Enjoy the festival of Holi with lots of fun.
11. Hi Friends,
Happy and colourful holi to all indians in India and abroad.
12. Happy holi to all. May this holi be filled with lots of colour.
13. Allah Paak humarey mulk aur mulk waloon ko Holi bahut bhout mubarak karey. Humaraa mulk bahut tarraqqi karey aur duniya kee bulandiyoon ko chueie.
14. Rang lekar khelte gulal, lekar khelte Radha sang Holi Nand lal khelte…Bolo sara rara
15. Happy Holi to all Indians
Bhaiyon Holi ke rango mein khoob rangna aur masti karna. I hope this Holi brings lot of colors in each and everybody’s life. I wish I was in India to celebrate Holi with my loved ones. I miss the grand celebration.
16. Holi Mubarak Ho Ranjan Bhai
May God spray colors of success and prosperity over you and your family. I wish this Holi is as special as it has always been. I’m eagerly waiting to relish those lovely gujiyas prepared by Bhabhiji.
17. Holi tyohar hai Rang aur Bhaang ka
Hum sab yaaron ka
Ghar mein aaye mehmano ka
Gali mein gali walon ka
Mohalle mein mahoul waalo ka
Desh mein deshwalo ka.
Boora naa maano Holi hai Holi hai bhai Holi hai!
18. Holi man bhedo ko mitane ka saar hai,
Holi dushmano ko gale lagane ka tyohar hai,
Holi naa khele jo manhoos,
Unki jeevan mein haar hai.
19. Holi Hai
I wish a very Happy Holi to Parminder and her family. Hope we celebrate this colorful festival altogether.
20. To all my colleagues
Holi ki Shubh Kaamnaein. Bhaiyon aur beheno, Holi ke rango mein khoob rangna aur khushiyan manana.
21. Happy Holi to all. Enjoy the colours of real life.
22. Very Happy and Colourful Holi to U and Ur Family. I wish that this year will bring every moment with happiness.
23. Dear friends
I wish a Happy Holi to you!
Happy Holi!! I wish you were here this Holi.
25. Dear Friend,
Happy Holi friend. Bhaang kam peena aur ghumne mat jaana. Enjoy!!
26. Hi Dear,
I wish you a very Happy Holi. Enjoy bright colours of happiness and love.
27. I’m feeling lonely without you. I wish I could celebrate this Holi with you. Happy Holi and enjoy yourself!
28. Happy Holi !!
Happy Holi !! Enjoy every colour of Holi and u will get every happiness u desire. Hey, God is always with u. Enjoy every moment. Keep smiling.
29. Happy Holi !! Enjoy every colour of Holi and u will get every happiness u desire. Hey, God is always with u. Enjoy every moment. Keep smiling.
30. I wish, this Holi you were with me. Wish you all success in life.
31. Hi Dear,
Happy Holi !!
Enjoy every colour of Holi and u will get every happiness u desire. Hey, God is always with u. Enjoy every moment. Keep smiling.
32. Dear All,
I wish a very Happy Holi to my parents, my bon, uncle, auntie, my near and dear friends, and all my students. Days end, but memories will be there in everybody’s mind.
33. Sweet Friend,
Do you remember our first Holi? I can never forget that colorful day which brought so much love in my life. So be ready this time again.
I wish you my hearty best wishes and love for the festival.
34. Thanks for the greetings and the lovely photographs of Minnu in Kashmiri dress. We wish you a very Happy Holi. We are sure Minnu will enjoy the colours.
35. To Friends & Family Members,
Even though I am far away from you, out of India, I can feel the colours of Holi celebrations. I wish you all a colourful Holi. I wish Holi Festival paint your life with colours of happiness.
36. I am missing you in Holi. Can you come in Bangalore to join me or let me come in MP to join u all ? We will have lot of fun with bhang, thandai, sweets, color and make our lives lives colorful.
I fondly remember the Holi we celebrated together. We had so much fun, having that bhang thandai for the first time. I remember Riti you gave me only one spoon of it and had a glass full for yourself. But I know you will never forget how much trouble you had later when you were not coming out of the bathroom. Wish we could have the same fun again.
38. Respected Parents,
It is time for Holi and I hate being away from you all. My exams are close so I can not afford to meet you. I know you will miss me too. Mama, thank
You very much for the excellent gujiyas that you couriered. My friends liked it a lot and are grateful to you. Hope to see you soon.
ready, you can not skip being coloured by me this time. Don’t just lock your self up on the day and Holi hard. It comes once in a year and make the most of it. So please, play with me. I wish you my hearty best wishes for the festival.
You would look so cute and adorable with the red gulal on your face. I know your cousins are not going to leave you. Tell mama to send your Holi pictures. Miss you soooo much.
Yours loving aunt,
42. Now you get holi greetings from germany! Have you taken part in the festival or parts of it? What is going on in india and especially with you and your family? Let me know some news from you!!
All the best wishes.
4. Holi wishes in Hindi
ये रंगो का त्यौहार आया है,
साथ अपने खुशियाँ लाया है,
हमसे पहले कोई रंग न दे आपको,
इसलिए हमने शुभकामनाओंका रंग,
सबसे पहले भिजवाया है…
निकलो गलियों में बना कर टोली,
भिगा दो आज हर एक की झोली,
कोई मुस्कुरा दे तो उसे गले लगा लो,
वरना निकल लो, लगा के रंग कह के हैप्पी होली।
प्यार के रंगों से भरो पिचकारी,
स्नेह के रंगों से रंग दो दुनिया सारी
ये रंग न जाने न कोई जात न बोली,
सबको हो मुबारक ये हैप्पी होली!
पिचकारी की धार, गुलाल की बौछार,
अपनों का प्यार,यही है यारों होली का त्यौहार.
अपुन विशिंग यू अ वंडरफुल,
एकदम मस्त एंड धिनचक,
बोले तो एकदम झकास
राधा का रंग और कान्हा की पिचकारी ,
प्यार के रंग से रंग दो दुनिया सारी ,
ये रंग न जाने कोई जात न कोई बोली
मुबारक हो आपको
रंग भरी होली !!
रंग बरसे भीगे चुनर वाली,
रंग बरसे, ओ रंग बरसे
भीगे चुनर वाली..
रंग बरसे, अरे रंग बरसे
भीगे चुनर वाली..रे!
अब घर जाओ नहीं तो
जुकाम लग जायेगा
होली के रंग मुझे रंग नहीं पाएंगे, तेरा रंग उतरे तो कोई और रंग चढ़े
खा के गुजिया,
पी के भंग,
लगा के थोडा थोडा सा रंग,
बजा के ढोलक और मृदंग,
खेलें होली हम तेरे संग.
चढ़ेंगे जब प्यारे रंग,
एक मेरी दोस्ती का रंग भी चढाना.
लगने लगेंगे तुम्हे सुहाने सारे रंग,
और मेरी दोस्ती का रंग चमकेगा
हरदम तुम्हारे संग.
विश यू अ वैरी मस्तिफुल एंड कलरफुल हैप्पी होली
वो गुलाल की ठंडक;
वो शाम की रोनक;
वो लोगों का गाना;
वो गलियों का चमकना;
वो दिन में मस्ती;
वो रंगों की धूम;
होली आगई है होली है होली की शुभकामनाएं
Sher kabhi chupkar shikar nahi karte,
buzdil kabhi khulkar waar nahi karte,
aur hum wo hain jo “HAPPY-Holi” kehne ke liye,
24 tareekh ka intzar nahi karte!
Happy Holi in advance.
Isse phle ki network jam ho jaye
isse pehle ki msgs deliver hone band ho jaein
isse pehle ki koi aur bazi mar jaye
Let me wish you a Happy holi in advance..!!
Jab D K Boss Song Me bhag sakta he,
Pappu pass ho sakta hai,
Shila jawan ho sakti hai,
Munni badnam ho sakti hai
to kya main hum din pehle Holi wish nahi kar sakte?
Happy Holi in Advance!!
Saade rang ko galti se aap naa kora samjho,
Isi mey samaaye indradhanushi saaton rang,
Jo dikhe aapko zindagi saadagi bhari kisi ki,
To aap yun samjho satrangi hai duniya usiki,
Holi aayi satrangi rango ki bouchar laayi,
Dher saari mithai aur mitha mitha pyar laayi,
Aap ki zindagi ho mithe pyar aur khusiyon se bhari,
Jisme samaaye saaton rang yahi shubhkamna hai hamaari.
Lal, gulabi, neela, pila hathon me liya samet,
Holi ke din rangenge sajni, kar ke meethi bhent.
Pichkari ki Dhar,
Gulal ki bauchar,
Apno ka pyar,
Yahi hai yaaron holi ka tyohar.
Rangon se bhi rangeen zindagi hai humari, rangeeli rahe yeh bandagi hai humari,
kabhi na bigde ye pyar ki rangoli, aye mere yaar aisi HAPPY HOLI.
Gul ne gulshan se gulfam bheja hai,
Sitaro ne aasman se salaam bheja hai,
Mubaraq ho aapko holi ka tyohar,
Humne dil se yeh paigam bheja hai.
Rango ke tyohar mein sabhi rango ki ho bharmar,
Dher saari khushiyon se bhara ho aapka sansar,
Yahi dua hai bhagwan se hamari har bar,
Holi Mubarak ho mere yaar!
Khaa key gujiya, pee key bhaang, laaga ke thoda thoda sa rang, baja ke dholak aur mridang, khele holi hum tere sang.
Rango mein ghuli ladki kya laal gulabi hai
Jo dekhta hai kehta hai kya maal gulabi hai
Pichle baras tune jo bhigoya tha holi mein
Ab tak nishani ka woh rumaal gulabi hai.
Chadenge jab pyare rang, ek meri dosti ka rang bhi chadhana.
Lagne lagenge tumhe suhane sare rang,
Aur meri dosti ka rang chamkega hurdum tumhare sang.
Wish you a very mastiful and colourful Happy Holi!
Apun wishing you a wonderful,
Ekdum mast and dhinchak,
Bole to ekdum jhakaas
Funny Holi SMS
Me ja ja jovu hu,
Mane tharo chahero dikhto hai,
Ii thaaro kusur nathi,
Salo sab chahero aaj rangeelo hai,
Aapne dil ka haal batana chod diya, humne bhi gehrai mein jaana chod diya. Holi se pehle hi aapne nahana chod diya?
Rang barse bhige chunar wali, rang barse o rang barse bhige chunar wali..rang barse, are rang barse bhige chunar wali..re! Ab ghar jao nahi to jukham lag jayega.
May God gift you all the colors of life, colors of joy, colors of happiness, colors of friendship, colors of love and all other colors you want to paint in your life. Happy Holi.
If wishes come in rainbow colors then I would send the brightest one to say Happy Holi.
5. Holi quotes in Hindi
- रंगों की आंखमिचौली,
खुशियों की आई टोली|
पकवानों की आई थैली,
अपनों के संग खेलो होली|
- कान्हा की पिचकारी और राधा की साड़ी,
खुशियों के रंग से, आओ रंगे दुनिया सारी|
पकवानों के भीड़ और रंग-बिरंगी थाली,
मुबारख हो आपको यह होली हमारी|
- वृन्दावन की होली लठमार,
मथुरा की होली फुलमार|
रंगों की आई फुहार,
मुबारख हो होली का त्योहार|
- जला दो सारी बुराइयाँ,
मिटा दो सारी गलत-फैमियाँ|
अपना लो सारी अच्छाईयाँ,
मुबारख हो होली की रंगीलियाँ|
- बचपन के रंगों से सजी होली,
जवानी के उल्लास से भरी होली|
बुढ़ापे के तजुर्बे से भींगी होली,
फिर से खेलो यह रंग बिरंगी होली|
- दिल में उमंग लिए, हाथों में रंग लिए |
मन में खुशियाँ लिए, अपनों को संग लिए|
बुजुर्गो का आशीर्वाद लिए, बच्चों का प्यार लिए|
रंगों का खुमार लिए, होली का त्योहार लिए|
- रंगों का दिन आया,
पिचकारियों को संग लाया|
पकवानों की शाम लाया,
अपनों को पास लाया |
- राधा के संग कृष्णा की होली,
लायी है प्रेम की बोली|
रंगीले आसमानों से भरी होली,
लायी है खुशियों की टोली|
- आओ मनाये छोटी-छोटी खुशियाँ,
तभी हँसेगी साथ हमारे दुनियाँ|
रंगों के साथ बिखेरो ढेरो खुशियाँ,
तभी झूमेगी साथ हमारे दुनियाँ|
- जब-जब होली आई,
साथ अपने खुशियाँ लाई|
रंगों की सौगात लाई,
अपनों का प्यार लाई|